help required

• oldman3
    Topic creator

imageimageimageimage Hello from NZ! We have two still original sealed unopened Bulloch & Lade whisky bottles, as shown in the pics, the circular one with double pourer top is 8 1/2 inches high, the lettering BULLOCH LADE B.L. SCOTCH WHISKY is engraved on the glass. The second square one is 8 inches high, the lettering BULLOCH, LADE & CO LTD FINEST OLD SCOTCH WHISKY is white enamel on the glass. Both bottles are undamaged, slight evaporation to the contents from age, and both have a ground lens to the base where a pontil mark has been polished. My knowledge as a serious bottle collector puts me to date these at around 1890 - 1910 age. We can find no information at all re the bottles, but are quite aware of the Company's history from Google research, and wonder value? Can anyone help?

• oldman3
    Topic creator
    Options

So I guess no one knows about these ????

Could you say $500 each bottle or not ---or would you know of a web site that could help.

Cheers Don

• DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@oldman3 I'm no expert, but I feel like the neck fill would be considerably lower if these were as old as you estimate they are. Are you familiar with Ralfy from Youtube? (If not, you should be. His whisky reviews are stellar). He has a Facebook page. Just search for "Ralfy" and he comes up with "Wine & Spirits" under his name. Post this on his page and ask for his feedback. He's an avid collector and he frequently visits whisky auctions and shares his knowledge of old, rare whisky. I'm sure he can give you some solid feedback on these gems. 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@oldman3 

From what I understand that the company that produced these bottles become part of Diageo. So maybe someone in the Diageo Archive Department can shed light on this.

I haven't seen these bottles when I did a search on some whisky auctions. Only bottles from the 1970s.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@oldman3 I also do not think that these bottles are that old. The cord Looks too young and the glass is too clear.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • RikS Member Joined: 24.06.2018Posts: 5Ratings: 0
    Options

@oldman3 reach out to the chaps at whisky auction (info@whisky.auction) who tend to be very helpful and quick in the reply when it comes to unusual / old / potentially valuable expressions.