Why Lagavulin?

• Andyvans
    Topic creator
    Member Andyvans
    Joined: 26.07.2015Posts: 34CollectionAndyvanss CollectionRatings: 4

A bit off topic, but couldn’t resist. I recently spotted Lagavulin brand in two Netflix shows - Longmire and Lost in Space. What’s interesting is that in both shows the drink was shared with female carachters and they supposedly enjoyed it. I find it hard to believe as any female friend I know can’t stand a smell of it. So I am puzzled. Why do you think they pick Lagavulin for the shows, especially knowing it should be liked by ladies according to the plot. I just find it quite silly.

• Highlander_2 Member Joined: 31.08.2017Posts: 168Ratings: 0
    Options

@Andyvans I know women who love Lagavulin..especially the 16....has nothing to do with gender..you either like it or not.Apparently some women even like football!!!!!

• Andyvans
    Topic creator
    Member Andyvans
    Joined: 26.07.2015Posts: 34CollectionAndyvanss CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

I was hoping someone would say that :smile: Lagavulin probably has some exclusivity deal with Netflix as well.

• DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Andyvans I first saw Lagavulin on "Parks and Recreation". Honestly though, by depicting Lagavulin as "The good stuff" in Hollywood, they are ruining scotch for a lot of people. People out there are going to see this and decide they want to give scotch whisky a shot. So they'll go out and drop $100 on a bottle of Lagavulin because thats what they think is the best, and as soon as they pop the cork out they'll be mortified! They'll regret spending the money and write off scotch completely! More for us I guess :lol:

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• Vasco Guest, Member Vasco Joined: 14.05.2017Posts: 86CollectionVasco's Closed Bottles CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Andyvans 

Slowly but steadly, I'm introducing the whisky world to the wife. She currently enjoys choosing and buying whisky almost as much as I do.

The heavy peat ones is not easy to convince her, specially with medicinal hints. However, if I take a peat+sherry or peat+port, and lower it to 35-40% with some drops of water, she will love it.

She loves the smell of Lagavulin 16, but without the sweetness of sherry/port/madeira, I have to drink it alone. :biggrin: