Need help for my first bottle

• Pira_Tandhasetti
    Topic creator
    Member Pira_Tandhasetti
    , edited April 17 2018 at 4:54PM

I just started reading about single malt whisky and found a few great distilleries but I just don't know how can I choose my first bottle. Maybe it's a good idea to buy a sample size of them before buying a full size? I know that they are not in the same price range but here are my list that I found it might be worth to try.

1.Aberlour 12 Double Cask

2.Balvenie 12 Doublewood

3.Bowmore 15 Darkest

4.Dalwhinnie 15

5.Glenfiddich 15

6.Glenfiddich 18

7.Glenlivet 18

8.Macallan Fine Oak 12

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Pira_Tandhasetti 

Sample bottles are a good idea.

Then you have packs sold by certain bigger distilleries. Glenfiddich for example have the Glenfiddich collection consisting of 3 bottles of 20 cl each, one 12yo, one 15yo and one 18yo. of various ages so they are a good starting point. Also Glenlivet have something similar.

Pira_Tandhasetti liked that
  • Fidulax Member Fidulax Joined: 18.04.2018Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Pira_Tandhasetti 

I'd definitely consider going with either Dalwhinnie 15 (fruit monster, great stuff and amazing value for money) or Balvenie 12 Doublewood.

Enjoy, you're in for a treat buddy.

• A.Shafner Guest, Member A.Shafner Joined: 28.12.2016Posts: 10CollectionWhisky ShelvesRatings: 138
    Options

Start with Glenlivet 18. Amazing, easy to drink whisky in my opinion. This scotch will put you on a right track. Cheers!!!