Shackleton Blended Malt Scotch

• DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4

The only thing better than a good scotch is a good story. Combine the two and you've got a nice thing going. Shackleton Blended Malt is a very decent blend with a good story. Back in the early 1900s, British explorer Ernest Shackleton set out for Antarctica to be the first person to reach the South Pole. He and his team ultimately failed to make it all the way to the pole, but they did make it further south than any man had ever traveled up until that point. They suffered many hardships on this voyage. Had to eat their horses and nearly didnt make it out alive. Many things were left at the camp when they departed Antarctica. One of those items was a case of Scotch Whisky. This case was discovered intact in 2007 by a team of scientists. The case was transported to Scotland and master blender Richard Paterson (of Dalmore Distillery) set out to replicate this 100 year old whisky. This blend is a tribute to the whisky consumed in the frozen arctic by those brave adventurers over a century ago. Very smooth drinking Highland blend. A little smoke mixed with the right amount of Speyside floral notes. Very good blend and very nicely priced. (I paid $30 U.S). Anyone else ever tried this one? 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options
    Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage 

Not tasted it but the story and the packing of the expensive one looked nice.

DramTasticVoyage liked that