Macallan 12s

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator

Macallan doing away with 1824 series..Gold,Amber,Sienna,Ruby and replacing it with 3 different types of 12.Sherry Oak..Double and Treble Cask i think....hope they are good.Dont really rate Macallan overall..but some are ok!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Highlander 

The 1824 series was interesting and not so successful I think. The Ruby they had to discontinue quite early due to lack of stocks. I tasted the Gold and I was quite underwhelmed  with it especially in the taste.

In Sweden the 1824 was not released in its entirety as the 12 year old remained for sale while the Gold was never released here.

So I think they do a good thing now.

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@bedlamborn Non Age Statement whisky is a con.Did try the Sienna,quite good but very over priced.Bring back the 10 and 12 year old traditional recipies instead of 1824...dont rate the Fine Oak series either!

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Highlander With the new distillery in operation the amount of aged whisky should increase over the next years. The Macallan 12yrs Double Cask is one of the new.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com