Noob from Canada

• Fatman
    Topic creator
    Joined: 17.03.2018Posts: 6CollectionFatmans CollectionRatings: 0

Hello fellow whisky lovers!

Started enjoying whisky about 20 years ago. Some of my initial loves include Macallan Cask Strength, Aberlour A'bunadh, Lagavulin 16, Glenlivet Nadurra 16 yr old, ...

These days, my initial loves are still prominent in my bar, but new explorations have turned me into a Springer head and Bunnahabhain freak. Sweet peat is king, although I am open to virtually anything so long as it is not "boring". 

Sadly I live in a nanny state with gov't control of liquor and prices and selection are painful to deal with. Still have been able to amass a significant amount of bottles that will all eventually be opened and enjoyed with friends. The best way to enjoy a dram or three imo!

Cheers!

Tagged:
    bedlamborn liked that
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Fatman 

Welcome to the forum! How is the LCBO? Can you find good whiskies there?

• Fatman
    Topic creator
    Joined: 17.03.2018Posts: 6CollectionFatmans CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@bedlamborn 

Thanks for the welcome. Not a very active forum it seems!

LCBO is ridiculously controlled which limits our choices and kills us on price.

Ontario may be the most expensive place on earth to buy whisky!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Fatman 

It all depends on people if it is active or not. Right now the forum is not as active as they were a year ago.

I checked the LCBO and Ontarioe has prices that may even exceed Sweden... First time eve I think. No, Norway is always the most expensive country.

Fatman liked that