Youtube

• ben_2
    Topic creator
    Guest, Administrator ben_2
    Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

1.4%

I work for whisky.com
  • 116520 Member 116520 Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

With only 5 million population, that's not bad. I am one of the loyal viewers of the channel....

Fujikai review was great! LOL!

• ben_2
    Topic creator
    Options

Thats not mine.

I work for whisky.com
  • Art_2 Member Art_2 Joined: 08.08.2014Posts: 23Ratings: 0
    Options

Ben reviewed a few Irish whiskies a few months back. But it was just a few. I would like a deeper exploration into Irish whisky by Horst and Ben, if possible. If it's not too wide a subject, I'd also like to pose the question of Irish whisky vs Scottish whisky in 2016 OR Irish whisky's state in 2016 for the Audience Questions. I think there are some interesting options in Irish whisky if you dig below the surface and it would be interesting to see your excellent youtube channel take a look at this in more depth. #whiskycom

• ben_2
    Topic creator
    Options

Hmm we could do a discussion "Irish vs. Scotch". Like the video "Bourbon vs Scotch".

I'm currently working on a new studio, which has space for two connoisseurs. I'm still stuggling with the sound.

I work for whisky.com
  • slimshade Member slimshade Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

Is Horst Luening going to retire soon from whisky tasting online, notice a massive shift in his son reviewing Scotch whisky ?? The beginning of power been given over or just speculation.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options
    "slimshade" wrote:
    Is Horst Luening going to retire soon from whisky tasting online, notice a massive shift in his son reviewing Scotch whisky ?? The beginning of power been given over or just speculation.

Just speculation. Ben did videos about whiskies from the distilleries he just visited. He has more information about them then I have.

And I had been on vacation an the buffer of pre taken vids was low.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • JorritDramNL1985 Member JorritDramNL1985 Joined: 22.02.2018Posts: 3Ratings: 0
    Options

Hi Everybody, this still the right thread to leave a question for the youtube channel?

I noticed Horst mentioned  cinnamon being one of his favourite tasting notes. I have to agree, as this is next to notes of coastal/ sea influence and peat one of my big favourite spiced notes.

It would be great to do a top 3/5/10  whiskies (affordable for the average working whisky lover) containing clear hints of cinnamon.

Got to love that spicy (after)taste!

Cheers, From Holland

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@JorritDramNL1985 

you have Talisker written all over you, buddy!  Talisker has all that: spice, a little peat, that "coastal influence" (although I never notice that particular flavor/aroma)...

there was one talisker in particular that stood out to me as having the biggest hit of cinnamon:  The Port Ruighe.  It reminded me of those cinnamon hot candies.  Horst did a review of it a while back, and it might be worth checking out.  You should also have an easier time finding it in Europe than here in the U.S.

https://www.whisky.com/whisky-database/details/talisker-port-ruighe.html

• JorritDramNL1985 Member JorritDramNL1985 Joined: 22.02.2018Posts: 3Ratings: 0
    Options

@kroman 

Thanks kroman!

I will defintely try that one, as it is affordable too.

Tried the tallisker 10 long time ago, got no notes written with this one. But still remember it's fine taste and faint peaty notes.

Also the talisker you mention above, is indeed very well available in Holland...
    I've written it down on my wanted list.

cheers