Received quite the gift

• Aj_Reny
    Topic creator
    Joined: 24.10.2017Posts: 21CollectionAj_Renys CollectionRatings: 0

Well, this morning my wife woke me up at 0700 because she couldn't wait till tomorrow to give me my Valentine's day gift.  0700 doesn't seem early except I get off work at 0300 and get to sleep around 0400 hours.

Any way, I've been awake since because of the gift and wanting to try it. However, it must wait till it can be enjoyed, not rushed.

She broke the spending limit, and now I feel bad because I just got her goose down pajamas.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Aj_Reny Best solution: Let your wife have fun with your whisky as well. If you do not consume too much, then she will probable let you have fun with the pajamas as well ;-)

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Aj_Reny
    Topic creator
    Options

@horst_s 

It will be shared for certain, but this bottle will not be finished very fast. After taxes it is roughly $220 USD so it requires slow tasting. 

I about had a heart attack when I saw it because it is truly out of my price range. The one big gift for the year I suppose.

hwchoy liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Aj_Reny shows how much she appreciated you.

• Aj_Reny
    Topic creator
    Options

@hwchoy true, she always tells me not to get her anything because I am always getting flowers chocolates or something for her. And she told me to stop because in 7 years she has never known what to get me. Well, this works out great. 

After a long 80 hour week at work, I am going to open it tonight and enjoy it!

hwchoy liked that
  • Aj_Reny
    Topic creator
    Options

Well, I have to say it was a wonderful dram. Smooth and went down easily. 

It will be a while before it is finished off.

I did enjoy every sip of this excellent whisky, it was a good side note to the stronger whiskies I typically drink.