Aberlour 18

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator

Better than i remembered.Lovely dark copper colour and big,full flavours.Up with the best 18 year olds around!Tried this one in September and wasnt that impressed,but not so this time...very impressive dram...Horst is right with his review of this one!

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Highlander 

I also bought the 18 about a month ago.  While definitely a great value for the money, I think I liked the 16yr old a LITTLE bit more.  The 16, in my opinion, perfectly balanced freshness and fruitiness with the oak and spices you expect from older whiskies.  I remember it having one of the best noses I have ever had with a scotch!

The 18 seems to be a tad too dominant with the spiciness.  Of course, this should be expected with an older dram, so maybe it's my personal preference.  But yeah, I've never had a bad Aberlour.  I think more order of favorites would be the 16, Abunadh, 18, and finally the 12.

which reminds me...I really need to update my collection/ratings profile, lol!

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@kroman Theres a 15 yr old which is one of Horsts faves..but not in stock or available in UK at the moment...only in other parts of Europe..even The Whisky Exchange dont have it.The 18 yr old is quite dark and strong,but such a gorgeous dark copper colour and very smooth and slightly orangy...very good.My mother was actually born in Aberlour...she never told me about their grrrrreat whisky!