Ledaig 18 availability

• matbou
    Topic creator
    Joined: 11.01.2018Posts: 3Collectionmatbous CollectionRatings: 0

Dear members,

Would someone know if the Ledaig 18 will be constantly available?

I have bought myself a bottle and very much liked it, I am myself very attracted to peaty whiskies and after discovering this Ledaig 18YO (original bottling) sheery cask, I suddenly loved it.

When visiting the Tobermory distillery webpage, it seems that the whisky is part of the core range from Ledaig but on the bottle it is mentionned as a limited release. Does it mean that it is limited release from this batch or would it become unavailable after some time?

Thank you for your answers,

matbou

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@matbou 

I have seen that the current Ledaig that is on sale right now is called batch 3 and it says on the box that it is a limited release.

So this may imply many things. Maybe then the current one is sold out they will release a batch 4 which may differ at bit from batch 3.

Or maybe they release a batch a year and once it is sold out you must wait until next year before you can get it again as batch 4.

What you can do is to email Tobermory for example and ask them or contact them on Facebook. I think that they will answer quickly.

• matbou
    Topic creator
    Options

@bedlamborn 

Thank you very much for your answer, I will the distillery directly as you suggested. Hopefully the new batch will not differ so much if there will be a new one.

Regards.

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@matbou 

Please post the answer you get as it is interesting.

• matbou
    Topic creator
    Options

Hi,

After contacting the Tobermory distillery, I get the following answer:

''This whisky is a limited batch expression with bottles released on an annual basis. We are currently on Batch 3 (i.e. year 3) of this expression.''

So, if others are enthusiasts of the Ledaig 18, I guess you will be glad to know that the production is continuing.I found that Ledaig whiskies are very great whiskies (after tasting few of them) and under rated.

Regards,

matbou

Options

@matbou 

Thanks for the answer! That looks good as least one distillery will have an 18 year old smokey whisky.