Macallan Sienna

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator

Trying this one again..bought it in October and did like it though,considering it is very likely less than 15 yrs old,a bit overpriced.The best value one of 1824 series overall!Gold and Amber a bit bland and Ruby ridiculously expensive for non age statement!You can get many good 18 year old whiskies for £70,which Macallan should bear in mind!!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

Gold had a decent nose but the taste was bland when I drank it in Edinburgh last year.

Funnily in Sweden the prices for Macallan are cheaper than in the UK. Amber  (449 SEK, 40£) is just a bit cheaper than the 12 yo (499 SEK, 45£), while Sienna is 67£ but the Ruby is very expensive, costs as much as the 18yo at 1999 SEK (185£) in Sweden. The 12yo was never removed from the Swedish market.

@Highlander what do you think of the the Macallan 12yo then?

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@bedlamborn The Macallan 12 yr old Sherry Cask is good...I tried to order 43% version,but got 40% so Amazon gave me £20 off my order,last October...very generous if them.Sienna is slightly more intense and 43%.....a bit overpriced for a 10-15 year old...but it is tasty!Waiting for Talisker 18 and Aberlour 18 to arrive...both VERY good!

• A.Shafner Guest, Member A.Shafner Joined: 28.12.2016Posts: 10CollectionWhisky ShelvesRatings: 138
    Options

In Canada Macallan Sienna cost the same as Macallan Edition #2 which I find a much better whisky. Macallan 12 is reasonably priced and very tasty. I always keep one close by

bedlamborn liked that
  • Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@A.Shafner I have never tried the 'Editions',but they are supposed to be good..just toooooo expensive!Try Glenfarclas for great value,quality whisky!