Glenfarclas 15

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator

Now here is a very reliable whisky.Had it twice before and want a bottle for over Xmas!Best 15 yr old out there..considering...flavour,strength,non chill filtered..no added colouring..and good price...actually a bit better with no added water...as complexity and flavours of full 46% is more evident.First ever whisky I ordered in-line ,back in August,so has sentimental value to me.A great beginners dram,for people who want something more complex than usual 10 or 12 yr olds!Ni wonder it has been voted Whisky of the Year in 2014 i think!If you are tempted..give in..you wont regret it!

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

Thanks @Highlander 

It's been a while since I've had a glenfarclas.  I'll put it on my short list!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Highlander 

The next sherried whisky I will open will either be a Glenfarclas 21 or Glengoyne 21. Have not decided on which to open yet.

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@bedlamborn The Glenfarclas 21 is good,not as sweet and cinnamon packed as Glengoyne 21...think GlenF 21 is around £80.Both quality whiskies and good for those cold winter evenings!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Highlander 

Glenfarclas and Glengoyne are one of the few distilleries that one can buy older whiskies for a reasonable price which I like.
    The strong sherry dominated are very good for winter. When I am in very warm countries in summer I prefer a bit lighter whiskies.

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@bedlamborn GlenFarclas especially very good value for money....£48 for 15 yr old to £110 for 25 yr old..a great distillery.Want to plan a visit on next trip to Scotland.I was born within 20 miles of this distillery..in Speyside region!

Options

@Highlander 

Glenfarclas is family owned so their planning must be very god to have such a great range.

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@bedlamborn 6 generations of Family ownership!!!Very good quality of whisky..have tried most of them up to 25 yr old.Very good indeed and good value for money too!!

bedlamborn liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Highlander I tasted it with Ben and the video will be online in the second half of January 2018.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@horst_s Going to visit Glenfarclas Distillery early March.There is a £40 tour option which is tempting,hopefully you get to taste 30 & 40 year old whiskies at the end.Need to contact them and book a tour date!I presume you have been there...what did you think?Glenfarclas,probably my favourite whisky type..15,17,18,21 & 25...all very good indeed!

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Highlander We had been there in Oct. 17 had selected some casks for exclusive bottlings. But I have no idea, what drams they will present.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com