10 Year Old Rip Van Winkle

• jimscafs25
    Topic creator

Just got my hands on 2 bottles today, and am trying to sell one. Any recommendations on how I could go about doing so?

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@jimscafs25 

It all depends on the rules of the country that you live. Some countries don't allow private people to sell alcohol.

And why buy two and try to sell one at once?

• Tez10 Member Tez10 Joined: 19.12.2017Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

There are some groups on Facebook for this, I would keep it though, not easy to get hold of them and it's a great bourbon

Love bourbon and peaty scotch / Write about whisk(e)y on my blog WhiskeyBon.
  • Fatman Member Joined: 17.03.2018Posts: 6CollectionFatmans CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@jimscafs25 

It all depends on the rules of the country that you live. Some countries don't allow private people to sell alcohol.

And why buy two and try to sell one at once?

Profit. Lots and lots of flippers and gougers out there. 

ORVW 10 should be between $100-140usd at retail. Flips for around $400 on secondary.

People can of course do as they please with their possessions, but it really sucks the fun out of this hobby sometimes.

bedlamborn liked that
  • Tantore Member Tantore Joined: 19.05.2018Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Fatman 

Not always nefarious though.  I don't flip to make money but sometimes (Im primarily a wine collector, though I have more bourbon and scotch than one should) I will flip some wine to lower the overall cost of the ones I keep.  This happens very rarely.  Recently I was going to drop off a wine list.  $350 a bottle which is more than I want to pay.  Got two three packs.  Flipped one for $1500 which brought the price of the ones Im going to drink down to $200 each. 

Flipping used to bother me.  There is, however, enough great bourbon, scotch and wine out there that it doesn't really matter. 

• DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@jimscafs25 Get on Facebook and search "your city" whiskey club. You'll undoubtedly find at least one in your immediate area. Join the page and post it on there. You'll sell it before the end of the day, lol

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg