Ardbeg 10

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator

Just ordered this one..very good reviews of it from a few websites.Anyone tried it?Hope its as good as they say!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Highlander 

I have tried it. Have like ten bottles of Ardbeg at home from my youth when I collected Ardbeg.

For me it is decent while others find it excellent. A bit to one dimensional for me with a bit to much smoke. i would prefer an older Ardbeg but they are so expensive nowadays.

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@bedlamborn Nothing beats Talisker 18 for a Smoky,Spicy,Sweet whisky.Delicious!!!

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

Ardbeg 10 was the very first bottle of scotch that I bought...big mistake!  It took me a long time to start enjoying smoky whiskies after that one!  

One day, I as at a bar and there weren't any good scotch selections except for the classic Lagavulin 16.  I decided to give it a try and only then started to appreciate smoky scotch.  My opinion now about Ardbeg 10 is along the lines of @bedlamborn .  It's good, but one dimensional.  However, I don't need an older Ardbeg, just a more complex Ardbeg. My favorite Ardbeg is Uigeadial, which I'm sure is younger, but the added sherry casks really may it more well rounded, in my opinion.

@Highlander, I actually had a bottle of Talisker 18 in my hand last week, but put it back for an Aberlour 18 instead.

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@kroman Talisker would have to be in top 5 whiskies tasted.Aberlour 18 i tried a couple of months ago..good but maybe not memorable..though have enjoyed an Abunadh and 12 Non Chill Filtered and both are very good..may try 18 in 2018.Glenfarclas 25 is my fave...along with Glengoyne 18 and 21!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@kroman 

An older 18 yo Ardbeg with some sherry would be wonderful :horst: That would give  it a lot of complexity.