Best burbons 2017...some help

• bulldog
    Topic creator

Hi guys i'm going to try some burbons,after lots of yeas of single malts...

i had buy 2 nice ones 1776 and bookers burbon...and i liked them...are really smooth and nice tasting.

for that reason i'm intereted into other ones.

wich ones i can try? Just the best ones for sure :smile: and help will be appreciate tks lots

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@bulldog 

I would recommend Maker's Mark but @kroman will give you a very good answer I presume :smile:

• bulldog
    Topic creator
    Options

@bedlamborn i'm here for that :smile: learn about burbon...

i had tons of simgle malts but now is burbon time 

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@bulldog 

I would recommend Maker's Mark but @kroman will give you a very good answer I presume :smile:

...:redface:

bulldog said:

@bedlamborn i'm here for that :smile: learn about burbon...

i had tons of simgle malts but now is burbon time 

You're profile says that you're Swiss; are you currently living there?  If so, I don't know how good the bourbon selection is over there...

If you're going to have Maker's Mark, I would recommend Maker's 46, or even better, Maker's Mark Private Select. Each batch of Private Select is unique to the store/retailer that sells them, so your best shot at finding them is at your larger liquor stores.  I have a bottle of it at home, and it's great!

The best bourbon I've had (which isn't a lot...I'm really a scotch guy) is Col. E.H. Taylor Single Barrel.  Honestly, anything from Col. E.H. Taylor is going to be great.  It's complex, smooth, sweet, and smells so good that you'll want to wear it as cologne! It can be hard to find in some places (it's everywhere in my town), so good luck! 

Anything from W.L. Weller (a wheated bourbon, like Maker's Mark is supposed to be great as well, but it can be hard to find.

Angle's Envy is a unique introduction to bourbon as well.  It's finished in port pipes, like some single malts!  And unlike EH Taylor and WL Weller, it's easy to find as well.

Bottom line, if you're used to scotch's complexity and smoothness, E.H. Taylor should be on your radar.  

Other honorable mentions:
    Henry McKenna 10 year
    Blanton's
    Four Roses Single Barrel
    Old Fitzgerald
    Larceny
    Noah's Mill

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@kroman I definately agree with Four Roses single barrel. A very good one.

• Agerskov Member Joined: 25.05.2017Posts: 7CollectionThe Lawyer's CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

I would give Four Roses Single Barrel an up-vote as well. 

Bulliet may be a good starting point as well, as it is a little less sweet than Four Roses SB and is very affordable. 

• bulldog
    Topic creator
    Options

Tks all guys amazing informations :smile: 

i'm studing burbons...after years of single premium malts is lovely to feel new tastes :smile: 

• Cohiba_2 Member Cohiba_2 Joined: 21.11.2017Posts: 3Ratings: 0
    Options

Maybe not the "best" but try it...Evan Williams Single Barrel.

Larceny

Bernheim

Elijah Craig 12 year old

As for Whiskey I like George Dickel #12 and as I type this I'm sippin' some Whistle Pig Straight Rye Whiskey 15 yrold.