• James_Gray
    Topic creator
    Member James_Gray

I’m 64 years old and live in mobile al. Always been a beer drinker and mixed whisky with soft drinks. The last year I’ve discovered single malt whisky due to your reviews. I’m enjoying drinking less but higher quality. I really enjoy your videos. Just finished a dram of glendronach 12. I’m looking for the perfect whisky. The search may be fun. 

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@James_Gray Welcome to the forum. And yes, you're perfectly right. Life is too short for avarage spirits. Enjoy better whisky but less. You will live longer and will have more fun.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@James_Gray 

Welcome and enjoy your search!

• whisky-whiskey Member whisky-whiskey Joined: 07.11.2017Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@James_Gray I hear you - I think there is a difficulty in getting involved due to the sheer complexity of it all. When folks heard that I used to drink whisky with coke I used to get it tough! Now I have shifted from Islay (loved Lagavulin) to a more central speyside taste (like Dailuane) The lesson is that there are no wrong answers! All are good! 

• James_Gray
    Topic creator
    Member James_Gray
    Options

@whisky-whiskey I’m enjoying the search. Having some talisker 18 tonight.  The scotch world is massive. Living in alabama I also like bourbon and enjoy eagle rare and bakers 7. 

hwchoy liked that
  • James_Gray
    Topic creator
    Member James_Gray
    Options

@horst_s thanks, again really enjoy your reviews. 

• Highlander_2 Member Joined: 31.08.2017Posts: 168Ratings: 0
    Options

@James_Gray Talisker 18 is delicious..smoky,sweet,spicy...all perfectly balanced.Nothing short of incredibly tasty.Yummy!