What was your latest addition to your whisky collection?

• Aj_Reny Member Joined: 24.10.2017Posts: 21CollectionAj_Renys CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

My most recent addition to my small but growing collection is Talisker 10 year. I have done the different regions and gathered that I should do the islands last. So I thought this would be a good place to start the last region.

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

Visited London and I found some bottles that I have looked for some time. First three from Bruichladdich.image

Then two from Edradour.

hwchoyVasco2 liked that
  • kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@bedlamborn 

Good picks...I would personally skip the Laddie 10, but Edradour is always good, as we've discussed plenty of times :wink:

I just picked up a Kilkerran 12 year.  I've always been curious to try this "new" distillery.  So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  It's a great, no frills, classic, scotch.  Perfect for both newcomers and connoisseurs.

hwchoyVasco2 liked that
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@kroman 

Kilkerran is on my list of single malts to try. The reviews of it are very interesting.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    , edited November 14 2017 at 6:23AM
    Options

Chivas Regal has a 12 yo finished in Mizunara japanese oak.  Until recently it was Japan exclusive, but lately has started appearing at Singapore Changi airport duty free.  However, just noticed that the bottle label does not have a "aged for 12 years" statement,unlike those from Japan, but the box still bears the "aged for 12 years" statement.  I am guessing they make a NAS version for international duty free, but overlooked the age statement on the box.

sweet and easy to drink, an excellent blend to relax with, oh did I mention it was cheap as well?  just USD50 at travel retail for 70cl.

bedlamborn liked that
  • kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    , edited November 14 2017 at 5:41PM
    Options

@bedlamborn 

@kroman 

Kilkerran is on my list of single malts to try. The reviews of it are very interesting.

It's an enjoyable, classic scotch.  It has a little bit of everything and does a good job showcasing how scotch should taste.  If there was a whisky drinker who wanted to try scotch, I would definately recommend this bottle.  That being said, I wouldn't buy another bottle either.  I'm not going to say it's boring, but there is nothing memorable about it either.  

I don't picture myself saying a few years from now "I really miss that Kilkerran 12."

Is it good?  Absolutely.  Is it enjoyable?  Yup.  Is it special?  Not really.   Maybe that will change as the bottle opens up, though...

@hwchoy, that looks like a really interesting bottle.  I'll have to keep it on my radar!

bedlamborn liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

duty free at the new Changi Airport Terminal 4...

Laphroaig 27 years 2017 edition

bedlamborn liked that
    , edited November 20 2017 at 8:39PM
    Options

a DFS Changi airport exclusive... look at that COLOUR!

Highland Park cask 384 1st fill European Sherry Butt... 474 bottles

bedlamborn liked that
    Options

a DFS exclusive... available at various DFS operated airport duty free...

William Grant & Sons Rare Cask Reserves - Àraid 25 years, 3000 bottles.

Options

and a special bottle of the new Glenfiddich Experimental #03 - 21 years Winter Storm - ice wine finished