What distillery to visit in scotland

• Robusto
    Topic creator

Hi all.  I'm going to be in Edinburgh next fall (Sept 2018) for 4 days, and ill have a day on the middle free.  What distillery should I visit?  

I really wanted to visit Talisker on Skye, but I don't think it's possible (5hr drive each way).  If I can extend the trip another two days, I'll do Talisker, but its not likely.

Thanks

• Vasco Guest, Member Vasco Joined: 14.05.2017Posts: 86CollectionVasco's Closed Bottles CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Robusto 

I would visit Edradour (it's on my list), about 90 minutes away, and go to The Scoth Whisky Experience (it's on Edimburgh). Talisker is also on my list, maybe next year.

However, with some time, I would strongly recommend Islay. Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Laphroaig, all near one of the other, have available wonderful visits and tastings. But for this, you have to consider also ferries schedules.

Here's a quick suggestion:

http://www.scotlandwhisky.com/distilleries-near-edinburgh/

Sláinte!

• Robusto
    Topic creator
    Options

@Vasco 

Thanks!  Good info.  I'll check out Edradour.

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Robusto 

It all depend on if you are driving a car or not. If you are not driving a car then I would suggest a one day tour to Glengoyne and Deanston through the operator Rabbies.

If you have a car then Edradour is a good choice as previously stated.