Best bourbon to buy as a gift? (US to UK)

• jeffkeys
    Topic creator

Hi everyone,

I'm traveling from the US to the UK this year, and I need to find a bourbon that would make a good gift for someone. Does anyone have recommendations? I'm looking for something not too cheap or too expensive (maybe in the $60 to $80 range), and it would be great if it's something I can find fairly easily in the US but might be a little harder to get a hold of in the UK.

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@jeffkeys 

I'm not sure what is available in the UK, but Bookers is always a good gift, as it comes in a nice wooden box. 

Col EH Taylor can be a little harder to find (and I'm assuming impossible in the UK), but is a GREAT bourbon that also comes in a tube, like a lot of scotch does.

check out a recent post here:

https://www.whisky.com/forum/discussion/67132/best-burbons-2017-some-help/p1

jeffkeys liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Booker's, Baker's or the Maker's Mark 46

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Cohiba_2 Member Cohiba_2 Joined: 21.11.2017Posts: 3Ratings: 0
    Options

How about Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select....94proof.

or

Jack Daniel's Single Barrel-Barrel Proof....with a little extra ABV kick!!!  132proof.

Being that it's close to Christmas your liquor store should have these in gift sets...with a flask, glasses, or....

• Sigeorge Member Sigeorge Joined: 21.11.2017Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

Hi everyone, I just need your help.  I have been looking for a perfect gift for my father who is a hardcore traveler and a Liquor Drinker. I can guess that you guys can help me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

• _jakew Member _jakew Joined: 21.11.2017Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

Sigeorge said:

Hi everyone, I just need your help.  I have been looking for a perfect gift for my father who is a hardcore traveler and a Liquor Drinker. I can guess that you guys can help me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hey Sigeorge!    I bought this amazing decanter  for my brother's birthday gift and he liked it so much. Your will going to love it! I got it from One Fibe, check this out! https://www.onefibe.com/collections/beer/products/pgsp