What type of glass is used for the samplings on the whisky.com videos?

• johnny_for_talisker
    Topic creator

Hey everyone!

Been watching these whisky reviews on youtube and I love them, but I saw a few recent ones and noticed the glass in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2CGmelQLeo

Anyone know what that glass is? If so do you have a link?

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@johnny_for_talisker

Horst designed this glass and has it specially produced. I believe it is only available in Germany at present, but he has stated his plans to hopefully make it available internationally soon.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • johnny_for_talisker
    Topic creator
    Options

@Carlton Nice, how did you come by this information? Also do we know when its coming or just a "coming soon" sort of thing?

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@Carlton Nice, how did you come by this information? Also do we know when its coming or just a "coming soon" sort of thing?

I remember that Horst mentioned it in at least one video. I believe that he stated the goal was availability by the summer, but I am not positive about that timing.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Carlton

Yes, we are on our way to produce this glass in bigger quantities. The design is already frozen, the order placed but we are waiting for being placed in the production sequence. Don't know the exact date yet.

There will be an international distribution but we do not know yet which countries will be included.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • johnny_for_talisker
    Topic creator
    Options

@horst_s Hey there Horst, any updates on these glasses in terms of when they will be available in the US? Thanks!

• JoePDX Member Joined: 03.10.2017Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@horst_s 

Perhaps you answered this already, but I could not find it.  Were these available for shipment to the USA?

Thank you

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@JoePDX The glasses are ready. We are trying to establish a distribution. We are very busy in the winter season. Please expect no success before next spring.

If some users arrange a shipment of 24 glasses or more to the US (6,66€/5,60$ each) + shipping + duty I will happily get a parcel out to a single address.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • gregor_mccann Member Joined: 27.10.2017Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@horst_s The glasses are ready. If some users arrange a shipment of 24 glasses or more to the US (6,66€/5,60$ each) + shipping + duty I will happily get a parcel out to a single address.

Hi again,

I have arranged & worked it out & are prepared to purchase a shipment of 24 glasses to a US single address.. please letme know when you get a chance how to proceed. thanks so much.  i'm quite excited..

yours truly

• brianJE Member Joined: 04.12.2017Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

Has anyone ordered the 24 glasses yet? If so, I will purchase a few from you if you don’t need all 24. I’ll pay 25 bucks for 2. 

if no one has done this yet, I will order the 24 and have it sent to me in the NJ and can send members some glasses. 

• gregor_mccann Member Joined: 27.10.2017Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@horst_s I have been ready to purchase a case of 24 of the glasses... please whenever you get a chance, i know you are very busy, letme know how to proceed..thanks so much again.. have a happy holidays..