Neewby, into peat, seeking inspiration

• Ciric
    Topic creator

Hi

Just to give you an impression of my taste pallet.

For many years, i've been into rom's and conag's, thinking that whiskys had nothing to offer me, and wasn't really impressed.
    ...been trying the normal "long drink" whiskys, lige Johnno Walker red lable, and stuff like that.

Then i tried Laphroaig Quater Cask, and got curious.
    Then i baught a bottle of that, and enjoyed it.

Then i baught a bottle Laphroaig 10 and a bottle of Highlander Park 12 to widen my horizon.

Now the H.P. kinda bores me. It's ok, but it's a little to flat in the imidetae taste. The nose is good, but not good enough for me to be impressed.
    The Laphroaig 10 however ...well, lets just say, that when it's empty, i will buy another one. Think i have found my whisky :cool:

Now to the reason for this post:

Where to go from here?
    From reading across "the web", i'm going to try the Ardbeg 10 and Lagavulin 16, as well of the older Laphroaigs if i can find the money for it.
    ...any other suggestions for a black coffey drinking, Laphroaig loving neewbe?

(sorry for my english. not my native tongue)

hwchoy liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Ciric 

consider Laphroaig PX Cask and Laphroaig Brodir.

• Ciric
    Topic creator
    Options

@hwchoy 

Will do.

What about 
    Bruichladdich ?
    ...been heering that they have some quite interesting whiskys aswell.

• Mizukka Member Joined: 03.10.2017Posts: 7CollectionMizukka's CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@Ciric 

You may also like to try Caol Ila 12yo or what I could definitelly recommend for you; Ardbeg Uigeadail!

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Ciric 

I have not tried Bruichladdich, but it is not peated.