Comparison between Glendronach 18 YO, Glengoyne 18 YO, and Glenmorangie 18 YO

• Edward_Holliday
    Topic creator
    Member Edward_Holliday

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and I'm curious to learn about and try many varieties of single malts. In the past I've enjoyed a bottle of Lagavulin 16 YO, which was great, but lately I wanted to try some smooth, complex sherry-aged single malts that don't have the strong, peaty note that Lagavulin has. 

I'm looking forward to experiencing the sweeter, spicier notes of sherry-aged single malts but I'm curious about three names in particular: Glendronach 18YO, Glengoyne 18YO, and Glenmorangie 18YO.

I wanted to know the distinct notes of the nose, palate, and finish of each of these single malts. If anyone has had these single malts before, I'd greatly appreciate you listing the comparisons and giving me your personal opinion on which you prefer the most out of these three.

I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Edward_Holliday 

@horst_s had reviewed both the Glengoyne 18 and GlenDronach 18, do check out the videos.  He also did the Glenmorangie 18 but that only in German.

Maybe time to do a Glenmorangie 18 and the new 19, @horst_s .

Edward_Holliday liked that
  • Edward_Holliday
    Topic creator
    Member Edward_Holliday
    Options

@hwchoy Yes, I watched @horst_s reviews and he gave great insight on the differences between these single malts. I didn't realize there were review videos before I posted this discussion. Thank you.

I'm leaning more toward Glengoyne 18YO but I still would like to try the Glendronach 18YO. They both have similar notes based on the reviews.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3