Aberlour 12 Non Chill Filtered 48%

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator

Wasnt really looking for anything specific...but watched Horsts review of this Aberlour 12:48%,looks chaallenging,so ordered it online!Must admit Aberlour 18 sounds great and possibly Balvenie 17 DoubleWood.If anyone out there in single malt cyber space has tried any of these,any feedback at all would be interesting.Macallan 12 Sherry Cask 43% arriving today,which Horst loved...so some quality sipping tonight!

• Shmotch Member Joined: 29.11.2016Posts: 45Ratings: 0
    , edited September 14 2017 at 5:31PM
    Options

@Highlander 

Aberlour 12 nonchilled filtered is outstanding, you will enjoy, Aberlour 18 is quality, very smooth, rounded and fruity...I will be there for a tour next week...Aberlour to me is like Glenfarclas in that there is a feeling of a logical progression in the aging...the Aberlour 16 is also quite nice...my only beef is the 16 is 80abv

i just killed a bottle of Mac 12 the other day, good buy while you can, due to availability of casks, Macallan introduced the NAS bottles the past year or two and 12 will be scarce from what I gather...although here in Chicago, it's still readily available for $59

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@Shmotch My dad used to regularly have Macallan 10 in the house...all this Gold,Amber,Sienna,Ruby stuff...not sure is improving things.I ordered the 12 Sherry Cask:43%.....but got the 40%....so Amazon gave me £20 refund!

• thepeanut Member Joined: 17.08.2015Posts: 37CollectionThePeanuts CollectionRatings: 8
    Options

@Highlander Seem's like its hard to get the 43% ABV Macallan 12. The 12yo I got are 40% ABV :frown: According to Horst, there is a difference in taste. Really wish I can find the 43% somewhere out there :frown:

Whisky Lover, Experiencing new Flavors~
  • Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@thepeanut 43% may be rarer....but by accepting the 40% I got that bottle for £41 from Amazon,due to £20 refund.....a total bargain really!Considering it has been voted the best 12 yr old ever by one whisky critic,I cant complain at price i got it at!!!Paid more for Glenfarclas 15 and Lagavulin 16.Good old Amazon!

• Markscotchcrazed Member Joined: 05.02.2017Posts: 33Ratings: 0
    Options

@thepeanut 

if if it makes you feel any better, Canada no longer stocks the 12 year sherried Macallan and our liquor control board restricts on line purchases 

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@Markscotchcrazed Yeah...the 10 and 12 year old Macallan not as readily available as years gone by,so therefore more expensive.May try and visit distillery on next trip to Scotland..only 20 miles from my hometown!No online buying of alcohol in Canada???