Does anybody know what glass Mr.Luening is using in his video?

• chinkee
    Topic creator

I thought that it was Glencairn Copita, but actually it looks kinda different.. And also the tulip-shaped one with wide bottom.. Anybody..?

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

It is an individual hand crafted designed by Horst Luening. To see all the details watch this video

Unfortunately we have not found any importers, yet.

I work for whisky.com
  • Frederico Member Joined: 01.04.2016Posts: 4CollectionRatings: 0
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    It is an individual hand crafted designed by Horst Luening. To see all the details watch this video

Unfortunately we have not found any importers, yet.

What about this glass? It looks different than the one featured in the video.

• altimanmalt Member Joined: 30.03.2016Posts: 18CollectionScotch/Whisky ListRatings: 0
    , edited April 10 2016 at 9:28PM
    Options

Wonder if it s some prototypes Ben had in his glassware video a while ago .

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Yes it's true. When I made the production video, the final design has not been confirmed. So the glass in the production video is not the final one we sell in Germany right now.
    The Prototype had more of a belly. The idea was to get more surface area to smell. So far so good. But the Air convection was seriously effected by that. This means the smell was in the glass and at high intensity, but you could not sniff it out.

I work for whisky.com
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    Yes it's true. When I made the production video, the final design has not been confirmed. So the glass in the production video is not the final one we sell in Germany right now.
    The Prototype had more of a belly. The idea was to get more surface area to smell. So far so good. But the Air convection was seriously effected by that. This means the smell was in the glass and at high intensity, but you could not sniff it out.

there should be some scientific or industrial software that can model surface diffusion and the effect of the shape of containers.

Options

I'm currently getting a bit into blender. Maybe I can display the particle flow at some point.

I work for whisky.com
    hwchoy liked that
  • SAQQARA Member Joined: 08.09.2017Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@ben Hi - can you post a link so I can order one.  I can't find anything on the website?!

Thank you,

Don

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@SAQQARA We have now switched to machine manufacturing (still crystal glass). In the moment we are selecting importers from around the world.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Holm Yes, we shipped the first batch of glasses into the US (OR) and everything worked fine. Now we have established a first contact with a potential reseller. We'll will spread the news via newsletter and video as soon as sales become possible.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • hampton1 Member Joined: 02.02.2018Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@horst_s Hello Mr. Luening. I'm a huge fan of your work. You truly made me enjoy whisky a whole lot more! 

I was interested in ordering one of your tulip glasses. Can they be shipped to the US yet? I live in North Carolina. If so, where do we order the glasses?