Whiskey Bars List

• whiskeytramp
    Topic creator
    Member whiskeytramp

I know it's fairly easy to find a list of distilleries in the US mostly because they all have to be registered (well the legal ones do) has anyone ever seen a comprehensive listing of whiskey bars though? I don't mean like a top ten or something but like every whiskey bar by state (or some similar type of thing). I would think this would be difficult because it's not like their licensing is any different from any other bar but it would be interesting to see anyway.

Contributor at whiskeytramp.com Check us out and let us know what you think http://whiskeytramp.com/about/ Also on facebook and twitter of course facebook.com/whiskeytramp, twitter.com/whiskeytramp
  • kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@whiskeytramp 

Yeah, I haven't seen anything like that either...or at least the kind I'm looking for. It's something I too have always looked for.

Regardless, here are some that I have personally been to that I think fits the bill of what I think of when I imagine a whisky bar:  lots of whisk(e)y, some finger food/light food, reasonable prices.  C'mon forum members...let's get this thing started!  Maybe if we get enough participation, I'll make a publicly available google spreadsheet or something. 

we could try to keep it informative, but brief.  This is a list, not a novel.  I would also steer away from merely restaraunts with whisky.  the focus should be places who's primary objective is serving whisky.

Maryland:

Baltimore - Birds of a Feather: over 120 scotches. good prices. knowledgable staff  (DISCLAIMER: I have not been here, but it has a great reputation in the area) 

Ellicott City - Judges Bench: largest selection in the state (over 300 whiskies. mostly scotch, if I remember). great prices

Florida:

Orlando - The Woods: large whisky selection. Good cocktails

Orlando - Hanson's Shoe Repair:  it's a prohibition-era speakeasy with a really cool vibe. Not the largest whisky selection, but great cocktails, and it makes you feel like you're part of a movie set.  GREAT PLACE!

Washington DC:

Jack Rose Dining Saloon:  The largest selection of whisky in the western hemisphere with good prices.  Need I say more...?

• marktassemb Member Joined: 25.08.2017Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    , edited July 12 2018 at 11:24AM
    Options

I don't mean like a top ten or something but like every whiskey bar by state (or some similar type of thing).  check this beer growler

I don't think it's possible in a short amount of time to come up with such a list. The best you can do is probably list the top 10-15 per state.
    Don't forget that some operate for a few years then close. An exhaustive list will need constant updating.