Finished in Amoroso Cask...

• Jack_2
    Topic creator

Hi everyone, i recently got my hands on a Talisker distillers edition, and although i have tried in the past the "Dark Storm" and the "Skye" i must say that this one i liked too much! As a matter of fact i like it more then my favorite whisky, the Lagavulin 16! Now i think that this has to do with the Amoroso Cask finish, so i was wondering if anybody knows other whiskys that have a same finish or maturation. I googled and cant find anything!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Jack 

The only one that I know that uses Amoroso casks are the Dalmore 15 travel exclusive.

"This delicate and approachable vintage is initially matured for 12 years in American white oak ex-bourbon casks. The character of The Dalmore 15 is achieved by then splitting the whisky equally between three different sherry woods; Amoroso, Apostoles and Matusalem oloroso for a further three years. The spirit is finally married together in an upstanding sherry butt, allowing the flavours to infuse."

Jack_2 liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@bedlamborn 

the Dalmore 15 is in their core range, not travel exclusive.  Current travel exclusives are those Valour, Regalis, Luceo, and Dominium.  I don't think the King Alexander III is travel exclusive either.

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@hwchoy 

OK, must have been an old Dalmore page that I looked at. Went to their webpage now and saw that it was not Travel exclusive anymore.