Dalmore 30 vs highland park 40

• pm22988
    Topic creator

Which one is better as a collector point of view? As dalmore 30 only 888 bottles available , no Idea about the highland park 40.

And is HP 40 better to drink than the the HP 30?

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@pm22988

as far as drinking is concerned, I think these two are poles apart and so not really meaningful to compare. they are both good but in their own different ways.

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@pm22988

That's quite an expensive taste you have!

If you can afford to spend that kind of money on either bottle, you'd probably know better than me, lol.  However, I would say that if your focus is on collecting, I'd buy the Dalmore.  If you eventually want to crack the bottle and drink from it, I would buy the Highland Park.

hwchoy liked that
  • pm22988
    Topic creator
    Options

I have HP 30 but have kept it for my 30th birthday.

was travelling and wanted to pick one out of these two (dalmore 30 or HP 40), so anybody who has tasted it including Mr.leuning care to help plz!!!

there is no review on dalmore 30

and Sir leuning's highland park 40 review doesn't reveal if it's better than HP 30.

pls help I have to buy in a week

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@pm22988

I think that the Dalmore 30 is better from a collectors view since it has a bottle number and also the year it was bottled. That is quite important for some collectors.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@pm22988

I think that the Dalmore 30 is better from a collectors view since it has a bottle number and also the year it was bottled. That is quite important for some collectors.

You are right. But you also have to take into account, that Highland Park ranks higher with the collectors in total. Dalmore started late to offer special bottles for collectors. The amount of different Dalmore bottles in the past was quite small.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@horst_s

Special bottling of Highland Park sells out in less one minute in Sweden. So they are very popular in Sweden.

@horst_s have you ever done youtube clip about collecting? Such as the most popular distilleries that collectors like and why some bottlings are muh more popular than others and so on?

• pm22988
    Topic creator
    Options

@horst_s

which bottle would you have got if you were ought to buy one?

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@pm22988

I would take the Highland Park.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • pm22988
    Topic creator
    Options

@horst_s

i know highland park 30 years is one of your favourite and I have also seen your review of highland park 40 years.

which expression of highland park you regard as the best there is ?