Whisky freak moments

• DaFin
    Topic creator
    Joined: 23.05.2016Posts: 103CollectionDaFins CollectionRatings: 15

Share your special (or wierd) moments related with whisky with all of us. 

My first one:

When some drops of my Ardbeg 10 fall on my clothes when pouring or tasting and I can smell peat all day long and I enjoy it.  

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@DaFin

I hosted an "introduction to scotch" event for a friend and some of his friends (I had never met them).  We started with Jack Daniels and then worked our way up to higher quality whiskies.  When I got to an Arran 14 year, some of the scotch went "down the wrong pipe" as I drank it.  So there I am demonstrating how much better Arran is while I'm coughing, wheezing and looking like someone who just drank mouthwash!

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@DaFin

I was out of town on business and had dinner at the home of an associate. Knowing I was a whiskey aficionado, he brought out several bottles after dinner and proceeded to pour from one of his favorites. It was a bourbon (don't remember the name), and it was beyond vile - absolutely the worst whiskey I had ever tasted! I thought it was a joke at first, but, when he poured himself a measure, I knew that was not the case. Rather than offend him, I loaded it up with ice took a few tiny sips until I had a chance to pour it out while no one was looking.  :lol:

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
    [Deleted User] liked that
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Carlton said:

@DaFin

I was out of town on business and had dinner at the home of an associate. Knowing I was a whiskey aficionado, he brought out several bottles after dinner and proceeded to pour from one of his favorites. It was a bourbon (don't remember the name), and it was beyond vile - absolutely the worst whiskey I had ever tasted! I thought it was a joke at first, but, when he poured himself a measure, I knew that was not the case. Rather than offend him, I loaded it up with ice took a few tiny sips until I had a chance to pour it out while no one was looking.  :lol:

Well, as always - it's the good intention that counts! :wink:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 04.12.2016Posts: 0CollectionJohn's CollectionRatings: 0
    , edited May 14 2017 at 5:20AM
    Options

@Carlton

Your anecdote reminds me of this from King of Queens.

SCOTT: I found this on Ganymood, er, Ganymede.
    TOMAR: What is it?
    SCOTT: Well, it's, er. (peers at it, sniffs it) It's green.
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@to_e_or_not_to_e

Luckily, I didn't get caught pouring it out. :wink:

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • Suzanne1967 Guest, Member Suzanne1967 Joined: 09.05.2015Posts: 68CollectionSuzanne and Lee's drinking CollectionRatings: 164
    , edited June 28 2017 at 11:32AM
    Options

PimagePerhaps not the most interesting, but I did happen to note the registration of this car in the car park at Ben Nevis distillery last week...N1KKA....

a nice plate if you know the connection :smile:

DaFin liked that