What was your latest addition to your whisky collection?

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@pasvraiment

You can never have enough of those Talisker D.E.  If I could have only one bottle for the rest of my life, it would be that one.  Is it my favorite...?  Not quite.  But it is a perfect blend of all the element that I like in a scotch

As for me, the Balvenie gods must be smiling down on me.  A month ago, I found a Balvenie 17 Doublewood for $110, and now I just found this on sale for $150 (tax free!!!) l and had to give it a loving home :smile:  

@horst_s, you need to do an English review of this; I know you like port!

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

this is a dressing up of the standard Hibiki Japanese Harmony Master's Select.  I believe the content is the same.  at the Singapore airport duty free, the normal bottle sells at $100, but the "limited edition" with the fancy bottle sells for $260.

@Mathis

Good friend of mine gave me a beautiful bottle of Hibiki Master's Select Ltd Edition a couple days ago. While I've always liked Japanese whisky this one totally blew my mind (I mean seriously, just look at the bottle's design!) The floral notes and palate taste for this whisky is on a whole different level. I don't even think I can give you a proper description or review of this whisky. It's just that good!!!

• Furinkazan Member Furinkazan Joined: 09.04.2017Posts: 8Ratings: 0
    Options

hwchoy said:

this is a dressing up of the standard Hibiki Japanese Harmony Master's Select.  I believe the content is the same.  at the Singapore airport duty free, the normal bottle sells at $100, but the "limited edition" with the fancy bottle sells for $260.

@Mathis

Good friend of mine gave me a beautiful bottle of Hibiki Master's Select Ltd Edition a couple days ago. While I've always liked Japanese whisky this one totally blew my mind (I mean seriously, just look at the bottle's design!) The floral notes and palate taste for this whisky is on a whole different level. I don't even think I can give you a proper description or review of this whisky. It's just that good!!!

Yeah I reckon its probably the same content in both bottles too, with the later one having an added marketing kick. But hey, it was a gift so I ain't gonna complain. Haven't tried the standard one yet. Might get a bottle and make a comparison. 

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@kroman

Nice score! I am envious.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Furinkazan

I believe the really good ones are the Hibiki 17 or 21 years, but they cost a lot a lot more, and for that reason I usually don't touch japanese whiskies.

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

Bought a bottle of Mortlach 15 Year Old from G&M's Distillery Labels Range and a bottle of Ben Nevis 10 Year Old (distillery bottling).

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • wallacema Member Joined: 12.04.2017Posts: 18Collectionwallacema's CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@hwchoy

Hibiki 17 gives really good floral notes and taste.  It worth to try if it costs a hundred something.

• wallacema Member Joined: 12.04.2017Posts: 18Collectionwallacema's CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Just bought a bottle of Coal Ila 17 unpeated a few days ago.  Lovely vanilla flavor.

Options

@wallacema

yes agree and the Hibiki 21 is this year's winner for Best Blended whisky, but for that amount of money I have many others I wanted to try...  unfortunately budget is a consideration.

Options

@hwchoy

Definitely.  I prefer to try more others with limited sum of money.