New to the Forum - Need Help!!

• gabrielb
    Topic creator
    , edited April 9 2017 at 8:44PM

Hi! Im new to the forum, Been following the Vlog for a few years, and been silent user ever since.

but now I need your help!

I Have two really old bottles (JW Black and Red), the red is very rare, I just want to know how rare and old are those, if they are really a collectible or just whisky to enjoy.

Here are the pictures!

• DaFin Member Joined: 23.05.2016Posts: 103CollectionDaFins CollectionRatings: 15
    Options

@gabrielb

Hi and welcome. Unfortunately cheap blended didn't gain much value with time, much less with metallic screw cap, due to evaporation (your black label is under neck liquid level). You can try to have a free prize evaluation on any online auction website, but I don't think you will get more than 40€ each. 

If you decide to drink it, take into account that the alcohol lose (evaporation)  will give to you a quite weak dram. If you like JW blended, buy a bottle in you local dealer. You will enjoy it much more. 

• [Deleted User] Joined: 04.12.2016Posts: 0CollectionJohn's CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@gabrielb

Hi, Gabriel. Welcome to the Whisky.com forum.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about old blends to give you any good advice on the matter.

SCOTT: I found this on Ganymood, er, Ganymede.
    TOMAR: What is it?
    SCOTT: Well, it's, er. (peers at it, sniffs it) It's green.
  • gabrielb
    Topic creator
    Options

@to_e_or_not_to_e@DaFin

Thanks for the reply! so....tasting will be not the reward, also not big deal to make money, so now, I need to know how old are those.

THanks to both!

Now I want to know how old are those bottles....just for keep those as art.