Whisky from 1968 - around 200 Euros

2»
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@SlàinteMhath rocks! He should hire himself out as Norwegian Whisky Consultant! :smile:

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
    bedlamborn liked that
  • SlĂ inte_Mhath Guest, Member SlĂ inte_Mhath Joined: 09.10.2016Posts: 134CollectionOslo Whisky ClubRatings: 211
    Options

Carlton said:

@SlàinteMhath rocks! He should hire himself out as Norwegian Whisky Consultant! :smile:

If selling spirits wasn't a state-run monopoly in Norway, I'd probably have my own whisky store in Oslo... Alas, that isn't likely to change in the very foreseeable future!

“That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.” (Tyrion Lannister)

>>> Whisky reviews by SlĂ inte Mhath <<<

bedlamborn liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

mango44 said:

I am a 21 year old student, so i dont have lots of money but i was thinking around 200 euros? Or is it much more? I dont want to buy something that dont taste good for 200. Then i rather pay more. Go easy on my grammar, english isnt my native langue as you might see :wink: 

You can't of course buy a bottle from his year of birth. What I would try to do is buy some affordable, good bottles with age statements on them. They should add up to a total of 50 years. If you buy two, you may blow your budget a little. The 25yrs tend to start at over 100. So three bottles might be better.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • SlĂ inte_Mhath Guest, Member SlĂ inte_Mhath Joined: 09.10.2016Posts: 134CollectionOslo Whisky ClubRatings: 211
    , edited March 18 2017 at 8:03AM
    Options

You can't of course buy a bottle from his year of birth.

Well, it's not entirely impossible. I didn't find a 1968 vintage but there are options for 1967, if you neglect the 200 Euro limit.

There even is some logic in choosing a 1967 vintage, as life technically begins 9 months before we were born. In South Korea, you are 1 year old on the day you are born, so each and every one of us would be one year older.

Here are some pricy options:

Gordon & MacPhail Strathisla 1967

Gordon & MacPhail Smith's Glenlivet 1967

Good luck in your decision-making!

“That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.” (Tyrion Lannister)

>>> Whisky reviews by SlĂ inte Mhath <<<

2»