Top 5 bottle around 80$ us / 65£

• Stephg25
    Topic creator

Hi I'm looking for my next bottle in my collection. 

Let me know your top5 bottle around 80$ / 65£

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Stephg25

For me it would probably be the following at the moment. In a month of two it may have changed depending on what I am drinking :smile:

Talisker Distillers Edition

Lagavulin Distillers Edition

Glenfarclas 17 yo

Edradour 15yo Fairy flag

Laphroaig Lore

DaFin liked that
  • kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@bedlamborn  You can find a Laga D.E for 80 bucks???:eek:

@Stephg25   Unfortunately, I think that your question is too vague.  There are so many fine scotches in that price range that you might get a huge variety of suggestions; too many for you to make an informed decision.  Perhaps I'm over analyzing, but it might help us more if you answer a few questions.

1)  What do you currently have in your collection?  Knowing this will help us a) know what you like, and b) help us pick something that different enough to help broaden your horizons without providing something totally off base.

2)  What whiskies have you tried that you really like/don't like?

3)  How long have you been tasting scotch?  It might not be a good idea to recommend Aberlour Abunadh, for example, if you've been buying scotch for only a couple of weeks!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@kroman

Lagavulin DE is about 70 pounds in Sweden. Cheaper than the UK for example.

• Stephg25
    Topic creator
    Options

@kroman

I drink scotch for about 2 years and like ritch scotch. Peated, sherry bomb, or 18+years and complex.

I already have Lagavulin 16, Glendronach 15, Highlandpark Dark origin, Ardbeg ten, laphroag quater cask, glenmorangie lasanta, Dalmore 12. 

I really like peated but i'm looking maybe for a dram more mature and old. 

Just want to know maybe your top 3 ? to keep looking what's available around here and get good whisky for my money :smile: 

Thanks

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Stephg25

its hard to target the price since prices vary so much across the world. but for a good aged peated, I really like the Laphroaig 18 years.

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Stephg25

Well, if you like mature sherry and peat, @bedlamborn gave you a REALLY good option with the Lagavulin Distiller's Edition; it's the 16 year old, but finished in PX sherry.  If that's too expensive in your area, you might want to consider the Bowmore 15 year darkest.  This is another sherried, smoky whisky.  It's not quite as rich and complex as the Lagavulin, but still a good value for the money. 

Options

@Stephg25

If you want older and more complex. Than Talisker 18yo is also very good. Or why not Benromach 15yo, but that is just scratching 50 pounds.

For a sherry bomb what about Tamdhu batch strength, that one is really interesting.