New Method and Madness Range from Irish Distillers

• [Deleted User]
    Topic creator
    Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    , edited February 24 2017 at 4:15AM

I am excited about the new Method and Madness range coming out of Midleton. It will consist of the following expressions:

1) A single grain matured in ex-bourbon barrels with a 12-month finish in toasted, virgin Spanish oak casks. I don't think Midleton has released a single grain before. RRP is 49 euros. 

2) Single pot still whiskeys matured in ex-bourbon and ex-sherry wood vatted together and finished in French chestnut casks. This is the only whiskey that I can recall spending time in chestnut casks. RRP is 69 euros.

3) A single malt matured in ex-bourbon barrels with a 12-month finish in French oak casks. This is the first single malt that I know of that has been released from Midleton. RRP is 79 euros.

The down side is that these are all NAS expressions, but, on the positive side, the prices are pretty reasonable. Credit Irish Distillers for releasing some truly unusual new whiskeys!

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

There had been a whisky matured completely in chestnut cask from Corsica. But can not remember the name.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • [Deleted User]
    Topic creator
    Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

horst_s said:

There had been a whisky matured completely in chestnut cask from Corsica. But can not remember the name.

That would be a very interesting whisky to try.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)