Glencairn glass

124»
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

this is what I have in mind, a solid wood box with a lid (although without that hole you're seeing) and inside it should be felt lined at the bottom and wood partitions just fitting for six Glencairns.

Incidently, this is a tissue box sold at the supermarket here in Vietnam. a very nice box selling for two hundred and forty thousand dongs, which is 10 euros. its easy to feel rich here when you are walking around with millions in your wallet all the time. :biggrin:

imageimage

Mathis liked that
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@hwchoy

That would be very nice indeed!

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • andyb01 Member andyb01 Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

I use a glencairn but as most have said it's up to individual preference

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

andyb01 said:

I use a glencairn but as most have said it's up to individual preference

It is tough to beat as a good all-rounder. It's not my absolute favorite glass (although I think it is quite good), but, if I had to choose only one type of glass to use, it would be near the top of the list. Its durability is a big factor in its favor.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • Markscotchcrazed Member Joined: 05.02.2017Posts: 33Ratings: 0
    Options

@Fabario

There's a pretty good YouTube video posted by Liquorhound on the subject of glassware. most of the different glasses mentioned in this thread were compared using a tequila I think. He made an interesting point that high ABV spirits might be better off with a wider opening at the top whereas 40% was better served by the glencairn or capita glasses.