Glenmorangie

• Brad69
    Topic creator
    Joined: 26.12.2015Posts: 15CollectionBrad69s CollectionRatings: 29

I am a big Glenmorangie fan.  And I love extra maturation as well.  I believe they do it better than anyone.  So what do you guys think?  I'm very interested to see where people are going with the changing of times.  Please I really would love to know your opinions good or bad.

Brad Bell
    [Deleted User] liked that
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@Brad69

I think Glenmorangie makes some outstanding whiskies, and Bill Lumsden likely is the best in the business at finishing. It doesn't hurt that he starts with a great spirit that is very agreeable to finishing.

My last full bottle was an Astar, ironically not a finished whisky (but similar in that it displays the amenability of Glenmorangie to positive cask influence). 

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
    [Deleted User] liked that
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 04.12.2016Posts: 0CollectionJohn's CollectionRatings: 0
    , edited February 22 2017 at 9:10PM
    Options

@Brad69

Glenmorangie is my favorite Scotch distillery. I really like how they run things there.

I was able to procure their Core Range (The Original, Lasanta, Quinta Ruban, and Nectar D'Or) during a sale. Out of those four, I have only had the 10 year old so far. I'm really looking forward to trying the rest.

If money were no object, their other malts would be high on my list (especially the 25 year old).

SCOTT: I found this on Ganymood, er, Ganymede.
    TOMAR: What is it?
    SCOTT: Well, it's, er. (peers at it, sniffs it) It's green.
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

Glenmorangie is very useful for my purpose, which is stashing up for gifting to important customers.  They also have a reasonable range available at the duty free in Singapore airport which is very helpful for me.

Based on the good things I heard about the Quinta Ruban, I have managed to procure both the Quinta Ruban as well as the Lasanta, but have yet to open them.  I also have a little stash of Glenmorangie 18 years and the Signet.  These are meant to be given away so I am resisting the temptation to open one of the Signet :biggrin:

The Glenmorangie 18 years is impressively packaged yet very reasonably priced, an excellent gift idea and it is no doubt also a very good whisky. The Signet is even more impressively packaged but much more expensive.

The entry duty free range such as the Tayne, the Duthac is a firm favourite for mass gifting i.e. to be drunk at a dinner for the guys.  both are very very nicely finished in Amontillado and PX respectively, and very very reasonably priced.

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@hwchoy

You must have discipline of steel to stay out of the Signet. It wouldn't stay unopened for long at my house. :smile:

hwchoy liked that
  • Shmotch Member Joined: 29.11.2016Posts: 45Ratings: 0
    Options

@Brad69

Whenever Glenmorangie is mentioned I can't help but think of the dusty liquor shop up the street that has a bottle of 1981 Glenmorangie going for $4499, what a bargain...

Glenmorangie is very accessible, of the high volume "Glen" distilleries that we see on the shelves in Chicago I.e. Glenlivet, Glenfiddich...I prefer Glenmorangie the best, very reasonably priced...if you don't want to break into those 750 ml bottles right away, perhaps invest in the Glenmorangie sampler gift set, you get all of those core bottlings in 200 ml bottles at a reasonable price, sometimes it comes with a whisky glass

hwchoy liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Carlton

there's couple of royal 12-pt stags and a sexy Hedonistic lady standing in the way!

Carlton said:

@hwchoy

You must have discipline of steel to stay out of the Signet. It wouldn't stay unopened for long at my house. :smile:

Suzanne1967 liked that
  • Mathis Member Mathis Joined: 26.10.2016Posts: 105Ratings: 33
    Options

@Brad69 I love glenmorangie! And I also love the Master Distiller Dr Bill Lumsden. I such a talented guy, and try to watch some videos with him, seems like an awesome bloke. 

Options

hwchoy said:

@Carlton

there's couple of royal 12-pt stags and a sexy Hedonistic lady standing in the way!

Carlton said:

@hwchoy

Ha! That explains it then.

Suzanne1967 liked that
  • Mathis Member Mathis Joined: 26.10.2016Posts: 105Ratings: 33
  • andyb01 Member andyb01 Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0
    , edited February 27 2017 at 11:29AM
    Options

the midwinters dram is also a good one