Dilemma between whisky

13»
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@thepeanut

Saw the same bunch of Tastival 2016 at T3 on Saturday. 

• thepeanut
    Topic creator
    Joined: 17.08.2015Posts: 37CollectionThePeanuts CollectionRatings: 8
    Options
    hwchoy said:
    @thepeanut

Saw the same bunch of Tastival 2016 at T3 on Saturday. 

Hmm Maybe because I was at T1 :frown: Anyways did you get your hands on the Macallan Edition No. 2? I've gotten a bottle but can't bear to open and was thinking of getting a second for tasting while the first for collection. What do you suggest?

Whisky Lover, Experiencing new Flavors~
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@thepeanut

yes I'm always flying out of T3 and could not yet go to T2 to see the Dalmore boutique.

The Edition No 2 isn't that expensive right?  and they told me they ONLY tatted 392 casks which is actually 229,000 bottles (from their Facebook message), so I'd say yes just open that thing and drink it :wink: 

Options

@thepeanut

BTW where did you get your Edition No 2 and how much did you pay?

AsherBWS is having some good offers (note his price is before GST). I just got a Glenrothes Vintage Reserve 12 years (not the same as regular Vintage Reserve which has 3 components younger than 12 years); and also a Balvenie DoubleWood 12 years.

both are in gift packs with free tumblers (unfortunately not glencairns).

• thepeanut
    Topic creator
    Options
    hwchoy said:

@thepeanut

BTW where did you get your Edition No 2 and how much did you pay?

AsherBWS is having some good offers (note his price is before GST). I just got a Glenrothes Vintage Reserve 12 years (not the same as regular Vintage Reserve which has 3 components younger than 12 years); and also a Balvenie DoubleWood 12 years.

both are in gift packs with free tumblers (unfortunately not glencairns).
    @hwchoy  asherbws is selling it for $178 but if you mention it's before GST then it might be more expensive or comparable to bottles1855. Currently their having a promotion for the Edition No. 2 @ $195 with some chocolates as gift (it's a Valentine's Day promo). Yeah the limited bottling is what's driving the urge to get another bottle  :lol:
    Options

@thepeanut

Asher have good prices for certain offerings, but some are very expensive, so you should check around.

as for the Edition No 2, as I mentioned they ONLY bottled 229,000 LIMITED bottling (yes that's 229 and not typo for 29).  I was trying to be sarcastic on their FB about the limited 392 casks, when they actually replied helpfully with the bottling numbers.

so 229,000 limited edition, go figure.

• thepeanut
    Topic creator
    Options
    @hwchoy yeah it isn't that expensive compared to some higher end bottles. Hmm maybe I'll just get another :smiley: 
    Options

@thepeanut

OK to have another for drinking, but seriously I don't think this is really a "collectible".

• Mathis Member Mathis Joined: 26.10.2016Posts: 105Ratings: 33
    Options

@thepeanut Hm. Depends on your taste as well. Macallan has a tendency to have very steep prices. And I love the charastaristic of a Macallan. The hibiki is also a wonderfull dram. 

However I'd go for the Macallan.