North London Newbie

• Ashley_Jones
    Topic creator
    Member Ashley_Jones

Hi

I am a Welshman living in North London.  I am a huge fan of the Whisky.com YouTube channel, which has been instrumental in my recent, frenzied pursuit of all things whisky.  

I am still at the start of my journey but have poured a *lot* of time, money and energy into my investigations.  It has been brilliant, but possibly bordering on obsession.  

I am mainly into Islays and keep coming back to Ardbeg Uigeadail as my weapon of choice.

I particularly enjoy watching the Whisky.de videos with YouTube's auto-transcribe-and-translate feature on to supplement my schoolboy German.    I would heartily recommend it (although only because it comes up with some excellent nonsense).  Quatsch.  One of my favourite German words.

Just ordered the new Bruichladdich MicroProvenance 6.  Looks very exciting...

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@Ashley_Jones

Welcome!

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 04.12.2016Posts: 0CollectionJohn's CollectionRatings: 0
    , edited February 19 2017 at 7:06AM
    Options

@Ashley_Jones
    We appreciate your becoming a member here. Welcome!

SCOTT: I found this on Ganymood, er, Ganymede.
    TOMAR: What is it?
    SCOTT: Well, it's, er. (peers at it, sniffs it) It's green.
  • DaFin Member Joined: 23.05.2016Posts: 103CollectionDaFins CollectionRatings: 15
    Options

@Ashley_Jones
    Welcome to this community.  Enjoy. 

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Ashley_Jones
    Welcome to the forum. And yes, I heard the the translations from YouTube are very bad. As time passes I hope they will improve.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com