Bushmills 16

• [Deleted User]
    Topic creator
    Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160

Given Horst's professed fondness for port-finished whiskies, I'm surprised that Bushmills 16 hasn't appeared in the vlog yet. Might we see it in the near future?

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Yes, of course. There are so many bottles I have to taste in the future.

I am typically waiting for bottles appearing on my desk with scratched labels or broken corks so that I do not waste money opening fresh bottles.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • PredictableBob Member PredictableBob Joined: 18.01.2017Posts: 1CollectionThe CupboardRatings: 48
    , edited January 18 2017 at 1:06PM
    Options

@Carlton Bushmills 16yo seems to be in intermittent supply - I waited 15 months for the last batch and I'd only had the one bottle before all the usual outlets sold out !  Fortunately my daughter found me a bottle in a posh shop in Birmingham - it was worth the mark up but I'm rationing it until I find another one :smile:

Next Irish for the cupboard is the Bushmills 21yo ...

PS

That's Birmingham, England :smile:

• [Deleted User]
    Topic creator
    Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@PredictableBob

The 16 year old seems to sit on the shelves for a while here in Tennessee. I also see the 21 year old with some frequency, and, at $100, it is quite a bargain. It would be nice to see the new owners of Bushmills further develop the core range. There would seem to be some opportunity for a new bottling slotted between the 10 and 16 year olds.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

The Bushmills distillery was sold by diageo. Before deinvestment they plundered the warehouses and lowered prices significantly to pimp the bride. The new proprietor now has a lot of problems to keep on bottling older vintages.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com