Campbeltown entry point

• DaFin
    Topic creator
    Joined: 23.05.2016Posts: 103CollectionDaFins CollectionRatings: 15

Hi all. 

I want to buy my first campbeltown whisky bottle. 

Can you recommend me a good campbeltown bottle below 40€? 

I heard good reviews of Springbank 10? It has campbeltown original soul? Typical region flavours,  I mean. 

Thank you,  guys. 

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    , edited January 2 2017 at 10:31PM
    Options

@DaFin

If you want to get a taste of Campbeltown, you can't go wrong with the 10 year old Springbank.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • Shmotch Member Joined: 29.11.2016Posts: 45Ratings: 0
    Options

@DaFin

as we know Cambelltown is tiny and out of the way, as compared to the other regions and thus pretty expensive, at least here in Chicago, Springbank 10 is $60, the 12 cask strength, which is an outstanding whisky is about $80, not the cheapest product line, but definitely very high quality, the other Springbank products, Hazelburn and  Longrow (peated) are also about $60 for their basic bottle, the other working distillery, Glen Scotia is typically closer to $75-$100 

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@DaFin
    I would try out the Springbank 10 as an entry point,

• oldnavy Member oldnavy Joined: 01.08.2015Posts: 22CollectionThe chief's stashRatings: 0
    Options

@DaFin

If you can find it, try the Kilkerran 12 from Glengyle distilery. It's run by the same folks that own Springbank
    I had a couple of the Works in Progress so when the 12 yo. made it through customs here in California
    I picked up a six pack & I'm glad I did.  Ralfy did a review and gave it 90/100

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

I would also recommend the Springbank 10 because it contains a little bit of smoke. This makes it very interesting and complex.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • rainbow79 Member Joined: 27.09.2016Posts: 12Ratings: 0
    Options

Springbank 10 is superb for me. I tried it just couple of months ago and I was surprised by the quality and complexity of a  just10 year old. Excellent dram. Go for it