Top 25 year drams...

2»
  • kroman
    Topic creator
    Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@SlàinteMhath

@kroman

I have reviewed Lagavulin 25yr and Yamazaki 25yr and both are without doubt excellent whiskies - but way beyond $1000/bottle.

yeah, I saw the Laga 25 and it seems like some special, but WAY outside my price range

@Shmotch

Shmotch said:
    @kroman

greetings, the big question is what is your budget, then from there, Bourbon or Sherry cask, and there are not a lot of official bottlings at 25 year worth the big bucks, before you drop the coin, you should at least give a consideration to the wonderful independent bottlings from Gordon & Macphail and Signatory and Cadenhead and a few others, the bottles are also usually very nice and you can get some amazing whiskies this way

I don't want to go over $500 for my bottle

I've had a couple of Signatory bottlings and you're right; they produce some mighty fine liquid.    
    But like I said earlier, if I'm paying this kind of money, I want the whole experience, to include a
    nice presentation case.  The independent bottlers typically have lackluster presentation cases.

I've also noticed that the glendronach grandeur seems to be less than $500 at a couple of places, so I'd definitely be interested in that as well.

@horst_s
    Bowmore doesn't sound too bad...

I guess for me it's down to:  Bunnahabhain 25, Glenmorangie 25 (if I can get it under $500), Glendronach Grandeur and Bowmore 25.

Thanks all!  It'll be a while before I buy one, but I'll keep you posted.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    @kroman ;;

you might consider Takisker 30. I think prices Is a tad above usd 500. 
2»