Glenlivet XXV notes

• glugglug_2
    Topic creator
    Joined: 19.11.2016Posts: 3Collectionglugglugs CollectionRatings: 8

Hi everyone, has anybody ever tasted the Glenlivet XXV and have tasting notes to share? Also, what do you think of its collectability in the long-term (say, next 20-30 years)?

• Absorber Member Joined: 11.11.2015Posts: 12Ratings: 0
    Options

Hi there!

Before I roll out the tasting notes I made today after seeing your post here, it is necessary to make a lyrical step-away and to note an amusing fact: for the first time I opened this bottle on my own 25th anniversary (well I had such a foolish dream to do so), and that day I was slightly disappointed: this newly-opened whisky only slightly differed from The Glenlivet 18YO. I hid a bottle far away so that whisky could "breathe" for some more months. And now I decided that your post is a sign from above that it is necessary to repeat the tasting and I will do that with great interest!

Aroma: leather, apricots, almonds, vanilla, light sea breeze, toffee, field flowers, blackberry, old wooden chest. Interesting and various, but at the same time it is very harmonious, and the alcohol note is not present.

Taste: very watery first, but then the mouth is covered by a feeling of almonds and hazelnuts, cinnamon, thick viscous delicate oak tannins, blackcurrant and charlotte. Tasty!

Aftertaste: loooong, warming - butterscotch, cinnamon, blackberry, chewing gum, tangerines, fried nuts, noble oak. Pleasure!

Conclusion: I enjoyed it a lot; I also couldn't expect that whisky would change so much during less than half a year and didn't expect that I would be in such delight! I even don't know now how to proceed with it: to periodically drink it on good occasions or to hide it far away again :smile:
    Art_2 liked that
  • glugglug_2
    Topic creator
    Joined: 19.11.2016Posts: 3Collectionglugglugs CollectionRatings: 8
    Options

@Absorber Thanks for the great review and insight! If I were you, I'll have an occasional sip from the opened bottle, and buy another as a keepsake. :wink: 

Absorber liked that