Dalmore 50

• reallydog
    Topic creator

Not sure if this is ok, if its not I will delete it but I recently started doing whisky reviews on youtube and dalmore 50 is my first review. Check it out.

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

what you did is not forbidden, because you are not trying to sell the whisky. If you cooperate with a shop, then we will delete all your links.

I work for whisky.com
  • Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Great to see a review, I think at somepoint someone said it has 138 year old malt in it, I can assure you that is false as thats 68 years older than the currently oldest bottled malt to exist, otherwise great review and im jealous, my Christmas malt was 40 year old farclas :rolleyes: never thought id feel inferior drinking 40 year old malt lol. Alas I digress anyways keep up the good work and who knows maybe whisky.com will lay off horst and hire you guys :biggrin:

On a side note ive never drank a dalmore, I really need to get on that.

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    , edited January 15 2015 at 6:58AM
    Options
    "Godslayer" wrote:

Yes, you should... but that's another topic altogether...:razz:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • reallydog
    Topic creator
    Options

Thanks for checking out the review. Many more to come, including some really collectable bottles.

• reallydog
    Topic creator
    Options
    "Godslayer" wrote:
    Great to see a review, I think at somepoint someone said it has 138 year old malt in it, I can assure you that is false as thats 68 years older than the currently oldest bottled malt to exist, otherwise great review and im jealous, my Christmas malt was 40 year old farclas :rolleyes: never thought id feel inferior drinking 40 year old malt lol. Alas I digress anyways keep up the good work and who knows maybe whisky.com will lay off horst and hire you guys :biggrin:

A proportion of the spirit was first drawn on the 4th March 1922, which in turn is reputed to embody some Dalmore from 10th June 1868 and 18th February 1878.

Obviously you cant claim it to be a malt over 100 years unless all the liquid in there is at least that old, but there can still be some really old stuff in there. Im not sure what percentage of the whisky though.

• James_H Member Joined: 08.10.2014Posts: 24CollectionJames_Hs CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

Surely it can't be that old though. I thought a normal cask loses around 2% a year to the angels. I can believe that changes over time as the volume of the cask drops but lasting well over 100 years seems unlikely.

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options
    "James_H" wrote:
    Surely it can't be that old though. I thought a normal cask loses around 2% a year to the angels. I can believe that changes over time as the volume of the cask drops but lasting well over 100 years seems unlikely.

You can have a spirit that is 100 years old, but I don't think there will be a whisky with 100 years.

I work for whisky.com
  • Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

100 year old whisky is a definate possibility, if we can do 70, why not 100, I am sure in the next 50 years we will see one on the market no doubt for a 1000000 dollars a bottle, from reading that write up, I presume they mean, it was at point x bottled, removed from the bottle and re added, i.e. a macallan from the 1920's is over 100 years old, but the spirit is not 100+ years aged, spirits last a long time as we all know,. Im still jealous though, :banghead: why dont I have anything that cool

Options

What would you think about a cask wrapped in a plastic seal or locked into a small airtight room? This could prevent the spirit from evaporating. Then we would mature it for 100 years and look how it would be.
    It would technically be still a whisky.

I work for whisky.com