Other Great Scotch I've Found at Random Liquor Stores

2»
  • ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

I see some blue caps on your whisky, that I have never seen before? What are they? Are they just corks or do they serve a special purpose.

I work for whisky.com
  • Xounlistedxox
    Topic creator
    Member Xounlistedxox
    Joined: 25.12.2014Posts: 29CollectionMy CollectionRatings: 57
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    I see some blue caps on your whisky, that I have never seen before? What are they? Are they just corks or do they serve a special purpose.

Those are vacuum sealed caps. The caps of those whiskies crumbled once removed. I had to replace them with something & I had these at home already because my fiancé uses them for wine. They were still new. It preserves the flavor amazingly well.

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Vacuum sealed? This sounds amazing. Do they have a pump integrated or do they just make it airtight?

I think I have to expand our article about shelf life. Do you mind using your pictures?
    http://www.whisky.com/information/knowledge/about-whisky/storage/shelf-life.html

I work for whisky.com
  • Xounlistedxox
    Topic creator
    Member Xounlistedxox
    Joined: 25.12.2014Posts: 29CollectionMy CollectionRatings: 57
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    Vacuum sealed? This sounds amazing. Do they have a pump integrated or do they just make it airtight?

I think I have to expand our article about shelf life. Do you mind using your pictures?
    http://www.whisky.com/information/knowledge/about-whisky/storage/shelf-life.html

They come with a hand actuated vacuum pump, it makes a click when they're under max vacuum. I can go months without opening the bottles and they're still under vacuum. The flavors of the whiskies in these bottles stay more consistent than the ones without the vacuum caps. Feel free to use my pictures.

2»