1966 Balvenie

• JLtrojan92
    Topic creator

I am new to the forum and I'm also a relative whisky novice. I recently inherited a bottle of 1966 Balvenie (bottled in 1997). I feel like it would make more sense for me and my family if I sold it. I'm looking for suggestions as to how valuable this bottle is and where I can go to sell it. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you!

• Xounlistedxox Member Xounlistedxox Joined: 25.12.2014Posts: 29CollectionMy CollectionRatings: 57
    Options

Being from a well known distillery that should fetch a good price. Wine-searcher.com has a ton of good info on the average prices of many forms of alcohol including scotch.

• JLtrojan92
    Topic creator
    Options

Thanks. I just looked on wine searcher and it says the average price is $2900! That blows my mind.

• Xounlistedxox Member Xounlistedxox Joined: 25.12.2014Posts: 29CollectionMy CollectionRatings: 57
    Options
    "JLtrojan92" wrote:
    Thanks. I just looked on wine searcher and it says the average price is $2900! That blows my mind.

That's pretty much what I figured. Imagine what it will be worth in 20 years. The secondary scotch market is alive and well. If you're not hurting for money and the bottle is completely sealed I would just keep it.