Maltstock 2014

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom

It's almost upon us... the Relaxed Whisky Weekend ! :lol:
    The Maltstock Festival, located at Nijmegen in the Netherlands, will open its doors from September 5-7.
    This is one of the great opportunities for Maltheads from all over the world to get together and share some drams and stories in friendship.
    As the festival has been sold out for some time, I won't invite you (not for this year, anyway :smile:)... but let me ask - will any of you be there, too?
    There will be more than 200 friends of whisky at Maltstock, so let's see if any of them are also participating in this forum!

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

This is it - the travel to Nijmegen is about to start... looking forward to meet a lot of fantastic people and whisky enthusiasts - and having a drink or two...:lol:
    I'll try and put up some pictures next week!

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Keep me up to date on what you see, but more importantly what you smell and taste.

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

Finally got round to upload a few pics...

Starting off with the Maltstock crowd getting ready on Friday afternoon, gathering in the central square.

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

Hello Maltstock with a welcoming dram!

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

Some pictures of bottles people brought to Maltstock to share and exchange opinions about...

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

There were quite a lot of them, actually...:lol:

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

... malts, blends, grains, local bottlings, rare ones... enough to go round for anybody!

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

To be judged and, more importantly, enjoyed! :razz:

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

Not to forget - lots of fantastic masterclasses!
    Here: Suntory & Chichibu masterclass

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    , edited September 14 2014 at 2:10PM
    Options

with the best 5 year old malt I ever tasted... unfortunately not available for sale :cry: