Whiskies to taste

• horst_s_2
    Topic creator
    Administrator horst_s_2
    Options
    "Art" wrote:
    - Recommended malts / blends / bourbons / international whiskies (perhaps in certain price range).

This is definitely on my agenda. I will go on vacations soon and after that I have more time and leisure to start informal videos.

P.S.: We see the click rates on YouTube not only rising but accelerating. When the first chilly nights arrive on the northern hemisphere it will be time for these educational videos.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Speymalt Member Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 3Ratings: 0
    Options

Horst, will we see a few more remake videos like Glenmorangie Signet, Ardbeg Uigeadail and so on? This videos in german on whisky.de are a little bit old, with the old bad camera quality and it would be perfect for klicks on youtube. :razz:

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Guess what arrived today. Ardbeg Supernova 2014. -> Video

I work for whisky.com
  • Budgerigar_canalis Member Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Ratings: 0
    Options
    "ben" wrote:

Yummy. It'll be interesting to see if Horst makes a disgusted face like with the Octomore. :lol:

• Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options
    "Budgerigar_canalis" wrote:
    "ben" wrote:

Yummy. It'll be interesting to see if Horst makes a disgusted face like with the Octomore. :lol:

If he doesnt like it he can always send samples to the forums loyal members for reviewing purposes lol. Doubtful I'll see this in Canada. I don't think the last incarnation made it here.

• horst_s_2
    Topic creator
    Administrator horst_s_2
    Options
    "Speymalt" wrote:
    Horst, will we see a few more remake videos like Glenmorangie Signet, Ardbeg Uigeadail and so on? This videos in german on whisky.de are a little bit old, with the old bad camera quality and it would be perfect for klicks on youtube. :razz:

Yes, there will be more. Last week we published Ardbeg Uigeadail and Corryvreckan. We publish more videos in English, so I will catch up on the long run.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Absorber Member Joined: 11.11.2015Posts: 12Ratings: 0
    , edited November 18 2015 at 9:20PM
    Options

I would really love to hear your thoughts on Scapa 16YO (my favourite single malt, now discontinued) and on Scapa Skirin which was introduced this year to replace the 16YO. I haven't yet had an opportunity to taste Skirin so I really want to see you compare those whiskys so that I could get an idea whether my "beloved" single malt is absolutely dead now or the replacement is nearly as good (I doubt it though).

Also I would like to see you taste Glenlivet 50YO Winchester's Collection if you even have a chance to lay your hands upon it as I like Glenliver but I will surely not be able to afford such a purchase in the upcoming years.

And some more suggestions:
    Glenlivet Nadurra First Fill Selection
    Glenlivet Nadurra Peated
    Longmorn 16YO
    Chivas Regal Extra
    (blend) (I'm already imagining you criticizing this blend with no age statement :smile: )
    Chivas Regal 25YO (blend)
    Ballantine's 17YO, 21YO, 30YO, 40YO (blend)
    Royal Salute 21YO (blend)and any others of this brand you could get your hands on.
    Wild Turkey (bourbon) any expression of the range available.
    Four Roses (bourbon)
    The last two are for Ben :wink:

P.S. If I missed an existing video with a review of one of the list, please provide me with a link. Thanks in advance!

UPD: sorry, I've found the reviews of WildTurkey now

• Comradegeneral Member Joined: 30.12.2015Posts: 7Ratings: 0
    Options

Curious to hear about Compass Box Whiskys.

Maximilien liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    , edited December 31 2015 at 3:19AM
    Options

hmmmmm so this is my wish for New Year 2016 :wink:

- Dalmore 18 years
    - Dalmore King Alexander III
    - Laphroaig 18 years
    - I also second the Longmorn 16 years

thanks Horst/Ben, Happy New Year!

• Maximilien Member Maximilien Joined: 19.01.2016Posts: 16Ratings: 0
    Options
    "Comradegeneral" wrote:
    Curious to hear about Compass Box Whiskys.

agreed , many "hypes" about compass box last year.
    also want to listen more about travel retail exclusives (like aberlour 12 Sherry cask edition for example)