2»
  • Unknown Joined: -Ratings:
    Options

Today some entry-level Malts:

Arran 10yo
    Glencadam 10yo
    Glen Elgin 12yo
    Aberlour Non Chill-Filtered 12yo

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options
    "walli" wrote:

Arran 10yo
    Glencadam 10yo
    Glen Elgin 12yo

What do you think about the Arran and the Aberlour?

I work for whisky.com
  • Unknown Joined: -Ratings:
    , edited August 14 2014 at 1:22AM
    Options
    "ben"][quote="walli" wrote:

Arran 10yo
    Glencadam 10yo
    Glen Elgin 12yo

What do you think about the Arran and the Aberlour?

The Arran 10yo is my favourite malt below 30€. It has its own remarkable style and I think it is quite complex compared to other entry-level single malts. The nose is sweet and fruity with candied papayas, some pears and orange peel. In the background there are notes of hay, white pepper and cocoa powder. On the palate the Arran starts oily with sweet fruits, but gets rather peppery in progression. Bittersweet cocoa powder with a hint of orange zest stays in the mouth.

The Aberlour NCF is quite strong due to its 48% abv. Sherry is predominant in the nose, but not too heavy: raisins, oranges dipped in chocolate and a pinch of cinnamon. There are also notes of caramell, toasted wood and subtle spicy notes.

• Art_2 Member Art_2 Joined: 08.08.2014Posts: 23Ratings: 0
    Options

Just poured myself a glass of Ardbeg 10, even though I'm not really a fan of peaty, smoky whisky. Later on some Auchentoshan Valinch (getting the amount of water right in that one is challenging!). May these two grant me luck in my online poker games tonight!

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

After a turbulent (and troublesome) week at work I need something to relax with:

BenRiach 12 Sherry - nice and smooth for warm-up
    Glen Grant 1972/2009 BBR - excellent dram to enjoy deeply
    Bunnahabhain 1976/2012 WD - oak, nuts, cocoa and a hint of woodsmoke - loving it!

Don't know yet if there is some more to come... :wink:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
2»