Favorite Walker

• Godslayer
    Topic creator
    Member Godslayer
    Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0

What is your favorite walker, Red, Black, Double black, Green(Discontinued), Gold, Platinum, Blue, King George the fifth, Swing, The Johniee Walker( Doubt anyone here has tried this but you never know)

For me it is Swing, it comes in a bottle that no one can argue is so unique, it alone is a conversation piece, you open it up and you get an extremely sweet malt, with honey and vanilla, defiantly some american oak in there, and quickly swifts to flowers on fire, with floral smoky notes, almost like a highland park. In Canada I think this retailed for about $50 where I am, making it an exceptional value, I actually bought three bottles, being the only walker besides black to have ever seen a repeat purchase(I keep it around in a 1.75 L bottle for guests who want Coke with their whisky lol. I keep this around for me :wink:

• Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    Options

Had only Red and Green, but cant remember the taste.:redface:

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english
  • XLarge Member XLarge Joined: 15.09.2014Posts: 4Ratings: 0
    Options

The Red is not mine - but tasting it blind it was not so bad :redface:

The Black and DoubleBlack are fine.

The Swing and Blue are better (but the Blue is to expensive).

The best is the Green :biggrin:

• WhiskyD_2 Member WhiskyD_2 Joined: 24.09.2014Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

I had Red and Black so between these I prefer Red label. Red is always in my house and my guests are used to it :smile:

Big collection of searched whisky related names to upgrade you whisky business, only at www.WhiskyDomains.com
  • goalong Member goalong Joined: 04.05.2015Posts: 5Ratings: 0
    Options

i like black label!!:biggrin:

i work for www.goalongliquor.com
  • Budgerigar_canalis Member Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Ratings: 0
    Options

Of the two Johnnie Walkers I've had so far I liked the 12 y.o. blended malt best. :lol:

• hepatica Member hepatica Joined: 03.09.2015Posts: 2Ratings: 22
    Options

The Red Label has a fantastic nutty taste !

• bkdc Member Joined: 31.05.2016Posts: 6Ratings: 0
    Options

Green. And it's not discontinued. It has returned.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "bkdc" wrote:
    Green. And it's not discontinued. It has returned.

not only returned, but there is a peaty version called the Island Green. I am not sure if this is a duty free only release.

https://www.dfs.com/en/airport-singapore/featured-brands/johnnie-walker/johnnie-walker-island-green-1l-645338/

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

I was able to get a big sample of the 21 year xr, and I have to say this is by far the best JW I've had!

NOSE: sweet and syrupy apples. Tad of oak (not as much as I would have expected for a 20+ year scotch), spices. Complex, but too gentle. Extra 3% abv would have helped a lot.

PALATE: holy initial-sweet-balls! Thick and creamy. The sweetness fades as quickly as it arrived and is immediately followed by a surprising but not unpleasant kick (stronger than the nose let on). The grain arrives and is quickly replaced by dark fruit.

FINISH: long and with just enough oak, dark chocolate, and coffee grounds to let you know it's old, but not so much as to be overbearingly bitter.

Excellent dram! I would have NEVER guessed Johnnie walker if I had a blind taste test! Magnificent!

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "kroman" wrote:
    I was able to get a big sample of the 21 year xr, and I have to say this is by far the best JW I've had!

NOSE: sweet and syrupy apples. Tad of oak (not as much as I would have expected for a 20+ year scotch), spices. Complex, but too gentle. Extra 3% abv would have helped a lot.

PALATE: holy initial-sweet-balls! Thick and creamy. The sweetness fades as quickly as it arrived and is immediately followed by a surprising but not unpleasant kick (stronger than the nose let on). The grain arrives and is quickly replaced by dark fruit.

FINISH: long and with just enough oak, dark chocolate, and coffee grounds to let you know it's old, but not so much as to be overbearingly bitter.

Excellent dram! I would have NEVER guessed Johnnie walker if I had a blind taste test! Magnificent!

now you're making me think twice! I have a one litre bottle from the duty free and is meant to be given away but now I am so tempted to open it!