suggested spirits? besides whisky/whiskey

2»
  • Art_2 Member Art_2 Joined: 08.08.2014Posts: 23Ratings: 0
    Options

Gin is my choice for mixed drinks. I like the citrus flavour that comes through, it complements tonic or orange juice quite nicely when you mix gin with them.

A cold glass of white wine is pretty good in the summer.

Is there a collective name for all other beers but the mainstream lagers? :biggrin:
    I like to try the occasional bottle of beer with some actual flavour in it, but those mainstream lagers I drink almost solely with food.

• onoelo Member onoelo Joined: 11.11.2019Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@ben 

I have already written that at least 82 nations/nation states around the globe are trying their hand at making and selling whisky. Of these countries, all but four spell Aqua Vitae ‘Whisky’. The term ‘Whiskey’ is used in Ireland(since 1960), Mexico and Peru and for most American brands.

Albania, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Corsica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Ivory Coast, Japan, Latvia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tasmania, The Philippines, Uruguay, Vietnam, Wales, Zimbabwe, Zambia & possibly a couple more spell it Whisky.
    North Korea's Samilpo has two blends, Black Label @ 40%ABV and Red Label @ 42% ABV in 620 ml bottles. Other than volume and ABV, nothing is in English; I suppose whisky would be right, since Kim loves Trump!
    78/82 should be above par for concluding that the global spelling of this type of alcoholic beverage is whisky.
    Read about strange whiskies from around the world at:

https://noelonwhisky.blogspot.com/2020/04/that-peg-of-scotch.html

2»