Whiskies to taste

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options
    "Quin" wrote:
    @ASWhisky: When you look the videos directly on youtube, you can skip to nosing. But maybe this could be inplemented into the blog here.

Good point. I will try to implement it.

I work for whisky.com
  • Budgerigar_canalis Member Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Ratings: 0
    Options

I'd love to see a “fun“ video in English like when you tasted the Aldi and Lidl discounter whiskies.

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

On the international level he should taste whiskies from walmart or tesco. But he won't do it unless we give him a bottle as a gift.

I work for whisky.com
  • Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Costo small batch bourbon is actually good, like legit north of 50% well rounded sweet malt, I was like lol costco bourbon, bet it's amazing. I tried it and was amazed, it was so sweet filled with caramel and vanilla laced in spice. If you can get your hands on it, it is well worth the price about $25 which is comparable to any other low end bourbon. It's 7 years old.

• Corso_theRed Member Corso_theRed Joined: 03.08.2014Posts: 11Ratings: 0
    Options

I always wanted to see more exclisive tastings. I know that opening a rather elusive single cask from Glendronach is not an option for Horst, but I'm sure trusted whisky.de board members would gladly chip in with a sample, just to see them being tasted in front of a camera. I know I would!

Standard range whiskies are certainly helpful to get more exposure and clicks though. Personally, I'm interested in a revisitation of the Glendronach core range in particular. Horst tasted them a few years ago, so I'd like to see a little comparison to gauge the current quality.

Options

Horst is very economical person. He carefully thinks about the expensive bottles to taste. So the viewership plays a important part here. Now due to the increased viewership of the international whisky.com community opens up new possibilities for the tastings. So in the future the variety and exclusivity is likely to go up :lol:.

But on the other hand he is also strictly against heavy drinking. Now with .com he tastes double the amount of whiskies per week. So the number of whiskies/videos is probably stagnating/going down. In the beginning we ran a 7 videos/week schedule we only lasted to May and reduced it to a 5 video/week schedule.

I work for whisky.com
  • Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

If he's worried about too much alchol. Why not do reccomended malt videos. I know in German he did them. Do a best under 40€\£ followed by 40-100 and than over 100. Followed by favorite pleated malts. Favorite bourbons. Favorite double matured malts etc. These will bring in viewers as people like recommendation videos. Look at ralfy those videos are in the top 10% based on views.

Options

Yes these videos are the important ones. I think it will soon be time to do these videos.
    But before you do these recommended malt videos you need two things. Professional standing. He became pretty good over the last 100 videos. He's now pretty natural and the pronunciation mistakes are down to a more or less tolerable level.
    I think he will do them after the summer vacation.

I work for whisky.com
    Suzanne1967 liked that
  • Art_2 Member Art_2 Joined: 08.08.2014Posts: 23Ratings: 0
    Options

Hell everyone, new to the forum here.

Here's what I'd suggest to get youtube views:

- Recommended malts / blends / bourbons / international whiskies (perhaps in certain price range).

- Comparisons between two or more (similar) whiskies.

- Mixers for whisky. (Not very interesting for regular whisky drinkers, but might get views from casual whisky drinkers).

- Tasting some of the most popular blended whiskies. (Again not very interesting for more experienced drinkers, but might attract views from casual drinkers. At the moment it's almost solely single malts and some bourbons).

So, basically some videos that appeal to the masses rather than to the experts. In order to make more people aware of the channel. That should then increase the views on all other videos, too.

I will post some suggestions for tasting later.

• horst_s_2
    Topic creator
    Administrator horst_s_2
    Options
    "Godslayer" wrote:
    Glen Breton Ice - A lesser known variant of Canada's first single malt, I found the inclusion of ice wine barrels in maturation intriguing. I would be curious as to how a more experienced whisky drinker reacts. Essentially more world whiskys that most of us overlook.

Done :razz:

Will be online at the end of the month.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com